Friday, October 18, 2013

Mid-Century Modern Furniture Now & Then

Via clipping.com

Over the past few years I have grown to love mid-century modern furniture. It has been popping up in decorating magazines, stores, blogs, movies and television shows. Although I knew the style wasn't new, I had never explored when it originated or who the designers were. I have posted a few photos to show how the style is used today and then I have found a few of my favourite designers of that period and some of their work. I hope you enjoy!


Via attitudeloft.com

Via housetohome.co.uk



Via mayababy.com


Via vividhuehome.blogspot.com
Mid Century Modern 1945-1965

Charles and Ray Eames

bemodern.net


Eames Lounge Chair
eamesoffice.com


Eames Chaise
allmodern.com
Eames La Chaise
thisnext.com


Arne Jacobsen



Arne Jacobsen The Dot Stool
via antikmodern.blogspot.ca
Arne Jacobsen Egg Chair
Via hivemodern.com



Arne Jacobsen Ant Chair


via chdesignfurniture


George Nelson


George Nelson Pretzel Chair
Via 1stdibs.com



George Nelson Thin Edge Buffet
Via elledecor.com

George Nelson The Sunflower Clock
Via knoll-it-all.blogspot.ca


George Nelson The Spike Clock

knoll-it-all.blogspot.ca

Eero Saarinen

Via Rubyology


Eero Saarinen Tulip Chair
Via MoMa.com
Eero Saarinen Tulip Table
Via modernfurniture.com


No comments:

Post a Comment